Dear Parents and children,
Mrs Devereux has organised that we can take part in a challenge to ride from Lands End all the way to John O'Groats. All the information about how to join this challenge is detailed below. There are some rules and regulations that you will need to read and it is being organised on Lions in Community Page on Facebook. We hope that it will encourage as many of you as possible to get on your bikes and pedal as far as you can. For the competitive amongst you, it may be of interest that Stockbridge and Amport Primary schools are also taking part! I wonder who will reach the finishing line first?
There will be medals for all participants and a yellow jersey trophy for the child that overall contributes the most kilometres from all the schools. There will be daily updates via the private facegroup that can only be accessed and viewed by members who have been excepted by the administrator.
So for families interested in taking part this is what you need to do:
- Go to the Lions in the Community facebook page at www.facebook.com/LITCsoccer/
- From there they will see the option to join the group called LITC Schools Virtual Cycling Challenge 2020. If they ask to join this group I will add them in and this will be their means of keeping up to date with the daily mileages their and the other school are achieving, and seeing information about where they have travelled through etc as per my previous email. They should not post their daily mileage here though, that needs to be done via email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org before 8pm on the day of their cycle ride.
- Emails must contain a screenshot of evidence of mileage whether via fitbit, strava, iphone, underarmour or any other of the fitness apps for verification.
- Emails need to state child’s name, year group and school also please.
- There will be a cap set at 15km per day for any individual. They are welcome to cycle further but only 15km max will be recorded on any given day for them.
- All children should have parental permission to take part and be accompanied by parents unless they have parental permission to cycle alone.
- Helmets should be worn at all times.
- Anyone additional information about interesting routes or sightings of wildlife etc will also be gratefully received by me!
- Every evening I will provide updates of progress via the facebook group.
- All participants will receive a medal for their contribution and in addition there will be a yellow jersey winner for the child that overall contributes the most km of all the schools participating and also a KS1 and KS2 prize for each school for most km contributed.
Please see an introduction by Mrs Devereux below.